Alessandro Berluti learns the carpenter trade, at an early age. He also acquires a skill in leather art-craft In 1895, he moves to Paris as a shoemaker. Alessandro Berluti takes the World Expo 1900 in Paris as an opportunity to expand his brand. Torello Berluti succeeds to his father in 1928. He opens the first shop-street of Mount Tabor under the "Berluti, luxury shoemakers". The shop is transferred during World War II, rue Marbeuf, following the expropriation of Maxwell bookmaker. After World War II, the Oxford Berluti is proposed to luxury shoes aficionados. This model is made of a single piece of leather, the seams are hidden through three eyelets. Shoes are polished, giving them a shimmering colour, like a mirror. The boutique arranged as a private living room, its atmosphere as well as the quality, the polishing, and the special design of the shoes are the reasons of its international success, celebrated by famous clients such as Jacques Lacan, Yves Saint Laurent, Pierre Bergé. The house is member of COMITE COLBERT.
France - PARIS