Share my emotion

History

Sergio Rossi was born in 1935 in the town of San Mauro Pascoli, in the Romagna region of Italy. He inherited from his father, a shoemaker, the tools and the traditions of a great artisan. Sergio Rossi built his factory in San Mauro Pascoli in 1966, In the early years, Sergio Rossi worked through the winter making sandals that he would later sell his handmade designs on the beaches of Rimini and to boutiques in Bologna. One such model, the Opanca was one of the most popular, a simple and daring sandal in which the sole curved gently around the foot, blending with the upper part of the shoe. Two years later, in 1968 the first shoes bearing the Sergio Rossi signature were produced, marking the first official collection of the eponymous brand. According to Vogue, during the 1960s, the company, “quickly became synonymous with Italian quality and classic feminine designs.” Sergio Rossi shoes became known for their use of geometrics and color. The brand grew in popularity in the 1970s and beyond, through collaborations with noted fashion designers, including Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, and Azzedine Alaïa. Sergio Rossi shoes became a mainstay at the Milan fashion shows. In 1980, the brand began expanding, the first boutique to bear his name opened in Ancona, and then boutiques opening in Turin, Florence, Rome, Brussels, New York City, Los Angeles, and London. The brand also opened a showroom in Milan in 1995. In 1999, PPR Luxury Division, formerly known as Gucci Group, bought a 70% stake in the company for approximately $96 million. 6 years later, in 2005, PPR bought the remaining 30%, retaining full control of the Sergio Rossi brand. In 2015 the company was sold to Investindustrial, the private equity firm that also owns Aston Martin. Francesco Russo was the Creative Director of Sergio Rossi between 2008 and 2013. That year, Angelo Ruggeri became the company’s design director, holding the position until 2016. In 2016 Andrea Morante became company president and Riccardo Sciutto became Group CEO. #yourownsergiorossi service offers to personalise your own shoes wtih a selection of colours, matters and accessories. Member of FONDAZIONE ALTAGAMMA

Iconic
Product

SR1 collection

Recently launched and yet iconic! Slippers or pumps, mid or high heels, the plate is Sergio Rossi's signature. Add your own signature with #yourownsergiorossi
Error data loading

To access all members content, please

Sign in or Join Now.

It's free.