n 1874, Georges Edouard Piaget set up his first workshop on the family farm, situated in the small village of La Côte-aux-Fées in the Swiss Jura mountains. Situated in the Neuchatel region, the company was dedicated to crafting pocket watches and high-precision clock movements. In 1911, Timothée Piaget, the son of Georges Piaget, took over the family firm. The company's policy has been dedicated to the production of wrist watches ever since. Under the guidance of the founder’s grandsons, Gérald and Valentin Piaget, the Piaget brand became a registered trademark in 1943. Since then, the manufacture at La Côte-aux-Fées has produced its own creations. As a result of this expansion, the family business opened a new factory in 1945, again in La Côte-aux-Fées. Then, in 1960, the Piaget watchmakers developed the Calibre 12P, the thinnest automatic movement in the world with a thickness of 2.3 mm - made official by an entry in the Guinness Book of Records. The luxury Vendôme group, now Richemont, purchased the Piaget manufacture in 1988 which they still own to this day.
Switzerland La Côte-aux-Fées